Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Ready for a Dip

Ready for a Dip



8X8      Oil on Canvas


I have been struggling with my light source.   I paint in a room with windows and have to block some of the light to get a readable painting.   Its confusing to have too many light sources!   My solution is to put my still life props into a box.   I then put one strong light on my subject and that seems to work.

The title of this painting came to me after I finished painting it.   The spoons seemed to be lined up waiting their turn to dive into a pool!

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about too much light. I have a similar problem in the gallery. Excellent silver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon,
    Thank You for your very nice comment. I think we can always learn from each other, or is it just me that has to relearn things? This light problem is so sneaky. I will be painting along and wondering "why" I am having so many problems and than it will finally dawn on me, too many light sources!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacklyn! You've certainly got it working - this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! I'm sending link to a friend who asked me about painting silver and all I could say is "you paint the reflections in the silver"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend. Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have. Keep up the good work you are doing here. web development with wordpress

    ReplyDelete