Apr 25, 2011

Plein Air, Not for Wimps

I have been in Augusta Missouri attempting to paint between the Spring storms!
At first the idea of doing what I love to do, "paint" for ten days sounded like a great experience. But with plein air painting weather is always a first concern.

Day One, The first day I painted it was 40 degrees with a strong wind blowing. I felt like I was in the zone so kept on painting, not realizing I was so cold I didn't have the good judgement to call it a day! Oh, and for the painters reading this, there weren't any shadows because of the gray skies! No shadows,no contrast, NaDa!

Second day painting I was at a beautiful vineyard with a scenic vantage point. The only problem I couldn't see anything after the first 20 minutes because of the mist that was in the way! Just to give you an idea of what we were dealing with I will post a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment