Apr 29, 2015

Ready for a Dip

Ready for a Dip



8X8      Oil on Canvas


I have been struggling with my light source.   I paint in a room with windows and have to block some of the light to get a readable painting.   Its confusing to have too many light sources!   My solution is to put my still life props into a box.   I then put one strong light on my subject and that seems to work.

The title of this painting came to me after I finished painting it.   The spoons seemed to be lined up waiting their turn to dive into a pool!

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about too much light. I have a similar problem in the gallery. Excellent silver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon,
    Thank You for your very nice comment. I think we can always learn from each other, or is it just me that has to relearn things? This light problem is so sneaky. I will be painting along and wondering "why" I am having so many problems and than it will finally dawn on me, too many light sources!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacklyn! You've certainly got it working - this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! I'm sending link to a friend who asked me about painting silver and all I could say is "you paint the reflections in the silver"

    ReplyDelete