Oct 12, 2016

Acrylic tips using Night Garden

Acrylic Tips using "Night Garden"


      The Journey 12x12                   Night Garden 20x20

My big tip for working with acrylics is, try it, before you buy it!   Here's what I mean by that:  when I am stumped about what-to-do next, I get a sheet of wax paper and lay it over the dried painting and work on that.   As you can see be the photos below it took many tries to reach my final painting.
The upper left-hand corner is the painting I was working on.
The upper right-hand corner shows the wax paper placed over the painting.
On squares 3, 4, 5 and 6  I show the many ideas and stages the painting went through without harming the painting.
I hope by using this tip to use waxed paper to try out an idea first,

is something you will find useful.

2 comments:

  1. Totally clever and I love the painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Sharon L. Graves!
    I Hope I'm not putting something out there, that everyone knows?

    ReplyDelete