Jun 3, 2013

Step by Step - Planning a Painting 3

 Step by Step - Planning a Painting 3


Once all of your lines have been checked and re-checked, take a breather!   When you come back to the easel with a set of fresh eyes, anything that isn't right will jump out at you,  Fix it now!

Begin the painting with an under painting,  filling in some of the larger areas.   For this painting I started putting down yellow in the sky.   This hasn't been my usual method of working but I wanted the painting to have the look as if it was lite from within.

More to come!



6 comments:

  1. I'm loving the info you're sharing. Thanks so much. We have such lovely courthouses and buildings near me and I would love to paint them and you have given me courage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, yes you can do it. It's slow going at first, but once all the comparisons are done than you are free to paint!
      Looking forward to seeing what you do!

      Delete
  2. Wow, Jacklyn... this is great! Thank you for sharing your process. I will have to try your approach for architectural works, although I'm not sure I understand it. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful drawing and beautiful painting! Do you have commercial art experience? I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jacklyn...just wanted to let you know i am still watching and can't wait to see where you go with this one. You have us hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jacklyn, Great blog with great information and paintings. Thanks so much for commenting my blog....it led me to yours! I have enjoyed looking back through your posts this year.

    ReplyDelete